If you’re deep into , there’s a 99.9 percent chance you’re feeling overwhelmed—but heading over to the magical world of Pinterest and lifestyle blogs teeming with wedding ideas—including gorgeous photos and links out to tips, tutorials and where to shop to create the event of your dreams—will seriously help get you organized and totally inspire you, too.
It’s easier than ever to research cool, creative, and unique that will truly set your night apart from the rest.
To get you thinking about ways to shake up your own wedding, we gathered 50 ideas—some small, others slightly more thematic—to help you throw the most unique wedding ever.
1. Dip balloons in gold glitter for a glamorous, fun effect. If you’re having a sit-down dinner, tie one to the back of each chair. Otherwise, fill them with helium and let them fill the ceiling of your venue.
2. For gorgeous (and affordable) centerpieces, .
3. During your bachelorette party, have each bridesmaid wear lipstick . Have them sign their name underneath, and frame the print.
4. so that wedding guests can tag their photos taken at your wedding.
5. Give your guests for their wedding favor.
6. It sucks when you get stuck sitting at the back at the wedding and can’t see a thing. Make sure all your guests have a good view by .
7. For an inside or nighttime wedding, filled with strands of lights.
8. Obviously, you and your bridesmaids will be having a fun night out at your bachelorette party. How cute would it be to ?
9. Does your wedding venue have boring bathrooms? .
10. at your bachelorette party to remember the fun times you had.
11. For dessert, instead of just one wedding cake.
12. Give your engagement photos .
13. Who wouldn’t love a wedding with ? It’s inexpensive and perfect for the outdoor wedding.
14. Have a at your wedding.
15. that coordinates with your wedding’s color palette.
Photo: Decorator’s Notebook
16. like a flower-filled greenhouse.
17. If you’re having a country wedding, for your ceremony. They’re totally inexpensive and fit with the theme.
18. Incorporate your favorite trends into your wedding dress. A sucker for a cropped top? .
19. For a rustic wedding, use a piece of wood to to point your guests in the right direction. Prop it up with a pitchfork or garden shovel, and use watering cans as flower holders.
20. Have pets? —they’re part of the family, after all.
21. Use items you can find at a flea market (i.e.: ) to give your wedding a rustic and vintage vibe.
22. Instead of having your bridesmaids wear the same dress in the same color, let them have fun and look stylish in . Trust us, they’ll thank you.
23. For some kids, weddings can be a drag. Keep them entertained with .
24. Ask your maid of honor to join you in the wedding party filled with items she might need.
25. Send out instead of cards with envelopes. You’ll save on postage; plus, it’s super-cool!
26. Since your bouquet won’t last forever, in a Christmas ornament that you can use around the holidays.
27. Stray away from a boring guest book. and have your guests sign that.
28. Incorporate cute, bright-colored to add a fun and girly touch.
29. at your bachelorette party.
30. Instead of sticking with just colors in your wedding’s palette, that you can carry along throughout the event.
31. Have a dinner where you can and ask them to be in your bridal party.
32. for your guests to enjoy during the reception.
33. Don’t have anyone to be a flower girl? down the aisle in their place.
34. Make a statement with instead of traditional heels.
35. If you’re not a fan of pastel colors, go for in your wedding’s color palette.
36. During your bridal shower, where your guests can create their own fragrance to take home.
37. Love Beyonce? Grab a to rock to your engagement party.
38. Let your guests know where they’ll be sitting with .
39. Don’t want to wear a veil? How about ?
40. You don’t have to stick to a traditional wedding dress and tux. Try something that .
41. As a wedding favor, where your guests can choose which desserts to take home to enjoy.
42. A creative way to showcase the wedding itinerary? Use floating windows! Perfect for a rustic wedding
43. Take a to use around your wedding or even on your save the date cards or invitations.
44. Give your guests an idea of how the night will happen with a creative .
45. Let your passions shine through in your engagement photos. Both love art? .
46. Take some stress off yourself and !
47. Having a fall wedding? Grab some photos with in the air.
48. Let your guest entertain themselves at a .
49. Having a summer wedding? Let your guests cool off with a and get creative with toppings.
50. Have your guests and replace their name card with the photo!
50 Genius Wedding Ideas from Pinterest | @stylecaster
A version of this article was originally published in June 2014.