HOW MUCH MONEY BEAUTY GURUS REALLY MAKE! HONEST Q&A
How to Become a Makeup Guru on YouTube
Do you get compliments on how perfect your makeup looks? Do you routinely do your friends' makeup before you go out? You know you're a makeup star, and now it's time to show the world. By uploading videos of your work and how-to guides, you can turn yourself into a resource for people all over the world. Fame, celebrity, and the joy of knowing that you helped others. Let's get started!
Watch some of the really famous makeup videos on YouTube.Try watching a variety of videos so you can have an idea of how it would be like, and what role models to look up to. Examples of makeup gurus on YouTube are jlovesmac1, MichellePhan, xteeener, kandeejohnson, teenbeauty channel and bubzbeauty.
Understand that it requires an extensive amount of work.The trick to becoming a makeup guru is to take note of what your viewers want and to use innovative techniques.
Buy good quality makeup and well-known brands.MAC and Maybelline are good examples. Don't be afraid to try new types of makeup or techniques that you find interesting. Drugstore products also interest younger viewers as they are more affordable.
Pick out your target audience.Most of the girls that watch how-to's on makeup are in the age range of early teen years to late twenties. Try to make videos that will interest this age group.
Have a good room and set-up for filming.The best area to film is in a small room; you get better sound quality. Make sure that you have a camera with nice quality. A tripod that you can set up easily would also be beneficial.
Make your tutorials easy and fun to watch.Put music in the background and edit them very well before posting. Be "real" with your viewers, and relate to them. Humor may be used at appropriate times.
Look for celebrity and seasonal inspirations for your videos.
Make sure to stay true to your own style.Be your unique self!
QuestionWhat kind of editing software should I use? I would like it to be free and very simple to use.wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerYou could use iMovie or Vivavideo as examples. Go to the app store and search for free versions.Thanks!
QuestionSince I can't afford a camera for now, can I use my iPhone?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerAnything will work. As long as you have a camera of some kind, an editing program and a YouTube account. Not everyone starts off with a nice camera!Thanks!
QuestionI am quite young, will people still want to watch my channel?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerIt depends how young you are. Maybe from a mid teenage and older, it will have an impact. That's probably when people will watch your videos. If you're very young (under 13), you can't be on YouTube unless your parents have agreed and are behind it because you have to be a certain age before you can get money from YouTube, which you can use to make better videos. If you want to do this, you need to appeal to your own age group as older people do not appreciate being told what to do or spoken down to by a much younger person.Thanks!
QuestionCan you do make up videos even if you are not a professional make-up artist?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerYou certainly can. Many of the prominent make-up YouTubers are avergar people with a good eye for make up. The trick is to turn your passion into well crafted videos that focus on telling people information they'd really love to know more about.Thanks!
QuestionI'm good with makeup, but I myself have hooded eyes so it's hard to see my eye makeup when I'm done. Do you think people will still view my work on Youtube?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerOf course! There are many young girls out there who have hooded eyes that want to know what makeup works for them! It would be very beneficial to the community of young girls struggling with confidence.Thanks!
QuestionWhat type of video should be my first and how would I introduce myself and my channel in a way that isn't awkward?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerYour first video could be a tutorial or a review video. Don't worry about an introduction, just get right into the material people are checking it out for in the first place. If it's a good video, they'll get to know you over the future videos you make.Thanks!
QuestionHow do I get my channel noticed by people if I don't want to tell my friends for fear they'll make fun of me?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerIf your friends will make fun of you, you need better friends. Friends encourage each other.Thanks!
QuestionWhat is the best way to a voice-over on a video?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerA real recording mic is the best option. Phone mics don't work well. A good recording room is also important so that other noises won't be heard.Thanks!
QuestionWhat is a good camera to use for making videos, and how do I setup the lighting?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerI would definitely recommend the Canon 550D and 750D. The set up really depends on the kind of lighting you have.Thanks!
QuestionIn terms of payment from YouTube how does that work?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerThe payment depends on how many ads the viewers watch. Makeup brands will rarely reach out to you, just because there are so many people out there, but they might if you are really well known. Try reaching out to them, and sometimes they will say yes. Just because one company turns you down doesn't mean all of them will.Thanks!
Can you recommend an app for a first time editor to help me edit my videos for my new channel?
How can I get an audience's attention?
- Maintain your viewers' interests by occasionally posting new videos. A video or two per week is a good amount. Posting too frequently will get your viewers fed up, and rarely posting will make your viewers impatient.
- Make sure that you speak clearly. Voice-overs will also work, as you can focus on the makeup more while filming.
- Show the user the product and tell them what it is called, and where you got it before applying it.
- Practice editing videos before posting them.
- Make sure you do not make your videos too lengthy, your viewers might get bored.
- Keep in contact with your viewers by having social networking sites, such as Twitter and Facebook. However, keep your private life private; create an account specifically for the public viewers.
- Be patient and have realistic goals. It's nearly impossible to be YouTube sensation overnight!
- Do not copy other beauty gurus. This will not make you popular.
- Learn to tell the difference between a critic and a troll. Although critics can disappoint you, they can give you constructive criticism to help your videos.
- Realize that not everyone will like your videos; some people might leave unkind comments. It is impossible to please everyone. Expect this, but do not be disappointed or discouraged from making more videos. Instead, use this as motivation to help improve!
- Don't delete your old videos. After a while, you will have improved your videos and may even dislike your first ones. Use them to see how much you have improved from the very beginning!
- Don't do "sub4sub"! Although they may subscribe you, they will not watch your videos, and may even unsubscribe you after a few days without you noticing.
Video: HONEST advice on starting a youtube channel...
Can You Recognize the Signs of Skin Cancer
Huji Cam, 1888 apps give your Instagram photos a disposable camera look
Coming Out Gay in Middle School
How to Conduct a Wedding Ceremony
People Say the STUPIDIST Things (About MS)
Try This 60-Second Back Pain Fix
Glazed Cranberry Brussels Sprouts
Why Cant I Orgasm
HealthTalk: Invisible Illnesses: When Everyone Says You Don’t Look Sick
15 Hot Body Tips from Paige VanZant
Vivienne Westwood goes back to school
74 Smart Ways to Make Healthier Pizza (That Still Tastes Amazing)