Rich The Kid - "Plug Walk" | Phil Wright Choreography |Ig: @phil_wright_
How to Blogwalk
Blog walking is a way of navigating between blogs. If you have your own blog or website, blog walking can be a great, fun method for publicizing your site. If you don't have a site, blog walking is still a fun way to explore the internet.
Pick a starting blog.Ideally, this should be a site that you've visited before and know you like.
- If you have your own website, you might want to use it as your starting site.
- If you don't have a good starting site in mind, do a web search on a topic you're interested in and pick a blog from the first page.
Find an interesting link and click on it.There are a couple of places where you can find good links:
- The site's links page or blog roll - simply a list of other blogs - will provide you with links that the site's owner thinks are interesting. Many of them will usually focus on a similar topic to the site you're starting with.
- The comments section will have links to the blogs and websites of people who read the site. The content of these links may or may not be similar to the content of the site you're looking at. If you're starting with your own blog, checking out your readers' sites is a great way to get to know your readers and to thank them for looking at your blog.
Read the new site.You can check out the first few posts, search for a topic that you want to read about, or just skim until you find something that suits your fancy.
Leave comments on articles you found interesting.
- If you have your own blog, this is a great way to create more links to your blog and get new readers. Most blogs allow commenters to list a website in the appropriate space in the comment form. So when you comment, anyone who reads our comment will be able to click on your name and go to your site.
- Even if you don't have a blog, leaving comments on articles you enjoyed is a nice thing to do. It lets the author of the post know that you liked what they wrote.
Find an interesting link on the new site and click on it.Use the same methods described in step 2.
- If a post you liked on the current site was written by a guest poster with his or her own blog, check that blog out.
- If you read a comment that you really liked, see if the person who wrote it has his or her own site.
- If you hit a "dead end" - a blog with no links, blog roll, or comment links to follow, go back to the previous page you looked at and pick a new link.
Repeat as many times as you want.
- If you're blog walking in hopes of generating traffic for your site, you might want to try to stick to blogs with content similar to yours. But don't be afraid to venture outside of your topic of choice. You may find that people with slightly different interests really enjoy vlog as well.
- If you come across a blog that you really liked, be sure to bookmark it so you can visit it again. If you have your own blog, you can add the site to your blog roll or links page to help your readers find it.
- Don't spam other blogs. If you comment on every single post on one blog and never return again, it's going to be pretty obvious that you're just trying to generate links. Limit your comments to two or three posts per day. If you have more to say, you can always come back tomorrow.
- Don't just talk about your blog. Your first objective when you comment on a post should be continuing the discussion that's taking place on this site. It's not polite to just link to one of your own posts on the topic without adding anything. If you have a post that addresses the topic being discussed at length, try reiterating a few of the key points in your comment and then add "I wrote about this in detail on my blog, so check it out if you're interested."
- Don't comment if you have nothing to say. If you just post "Nice site" or "I liked it" on every post you come across, you probably won't get many new readers for your blog or much positive attention.
Video: Rich The Kid - Plug Walk
How to Decorate Your Front Yard for Christmas
How to Get Off a Criminal Charge
Beats by Dr. Dre: Hello Kitty Collection
5-Minute Workout: Tone Your Butt and Thighs
Congrats on the Weight Loss Is a Shtty Thing to Say to a Stranger
The Ultimate Guide to Osteoarthritis: Symptoms, Diagnosis, Treatment, Joint Pain Relief, and More
7 Things That Happen When You Stop Eating Sugar
Kendall Jenner Channeled Paris Hilton On Her 21st Birthday
3 Ways to Drink Kahlua