Waze app could help you find a parking spot
How to Find a Parking Spot
You are not alone when it comes to the frustration of finding a parking spot. On any given day, people drive an extra 3,600 vehicle miles searching for a parking spot in a single neighborhood. You can save some of the time and money associated with these extra miles by using a mobile app, planning ahead and thinking strategically when you get to the parking lot.
Download the mobile parking app that is best for you.Open the app store on your smartphone and then open the navigation category. Look for relevant parking apps that meet your key criteria. For instance, you may want to choose an app that allows you to pre-pay for parking or sends notifications when your parking is about to expire. If discounts are a priority, some apps have significant deals on entertainment and travel.
- Parkopedia is available on a range of platforms and helps you calculate the cost of parking.
- BestParking, which is available for over one hundred cities and airports.
- Parking Mate, which sends you notifications when your spot is about to expire.
- Parking Panda, which is great for discounts and entertainment events.
Use the mobile app designed for your area.If you are driving in a city or to a university that has its own mobile app, you should download it to your smartphone prior to departure. Some neighborhoods, cities and universities embed sensors in parking meters and send this information to a particular mobile app, so you should download the app with this information.
- San Francisco has its own app with up-to-date information on parking spaces.
- University of Maryland has its own mobile app for parking.
- Roosevelt Island in New York City has its own mobile app for parking.
- Use VoicePark in San Francisco.
Pre-pay for parking with a mobile app.Some mobile apps, such as ParkWhiz, allow you to pre-pay for your parking prior to departure. You can use the app to find a spot close to your destination, pay for it and then get a scan code that you use when you get there.
Use a parking app to find a spot near your entertainment event.You can download parking apps that specialize in major sporting and entertainment events, such as Parking Panda. If you refer people to the app, you may be able to earn free parking spots at entertainment events.
Download an airport parking app before flying.There are mobile apps with up-to-date information on parking spaces available at airports. Download one of these apps before driving to the airport parking lot. Some of these apps will also give you travel and hospitality deals.
- "AirportParkingReservations" is great for parking reservations at airports in Canada, the United States and the United Kingdom. Through this app, you can access "ParkSleepFly", where you can get deals on airport hotel and parking deals.
- BestParking does a combination of airport and city parking.
Get a notification when your parking is about to expire.Use your mobile parking app to receive a notification when you are about to run out of parking time. In this way, you can avoid potentially expensive parking tickets.
- Parking Mate will send you a notification when your spot is about to expire.
- For instance, Parker has a timer that helps you avoid parking tickets.
Pull over to the side of the road to use your mobile app.Once you have come to a stop in a safe position, grab your smart phone. Open the mobile app that you use to find parking. See where you have to drive to find a spot. Head to the spot and safely park your vehicle.
Making Strategic Decisions
Choose a row and look for a spot.When you get to the parking lot at your destination, choose a parking row. Instead of driving around the lot looking for a spot, simply choose one row and wait for a spot to open up. You will save the time involved in the more active parking lot search, which doesn’t typically save any time.
Practice your patience on busy days.If the parking lot is full because of a major event, you should just sit around in your car and wait for a spot to open up. Although it may sound more time intensive than driving around or going to a different parking lot, it will typically save you time and energy.
- Wait in a strategic location. Stop in the middle of a row of parking spots that is regularly changing, and you'll be the first if a spot becomes available.
- Look for people who are walking back to their car. If they have car keys, keep a close eye on them until they get to their spot. When they leave, take their spot.
Look for spots on the periphery.Parking spots directly in front of an entranceway are often the most coveted. To save time, look for a spot a few parking rows over or even on the edges of the parking lot.
Consider the speed of exiting the parking lot.Try to avoid pedestrian crossings and pick up lanes. Look for spots that are close to an exit, so that you can increase your efficiency when you need to leave the parking lot.
- If you are parking in a shopping center, you may want to park close to the shopping cart return center. This will save you time when you are leaving.
Look for long term parking spots online.There are a variety of websites that specialized in searching for parking spots, such as parking spotter. You can also try general websites, such as Craigslist. Navigate to one of these websites and click on relevant links to find long term parking options for your neighborhood.
Arrive early.If you have trouble finding parking at a particular destination, you may want to arrive earlier to your destination. Whether you are going to work or to an entertainment destination, getting to your destination early will increase your chances of finding a spot.
- Know where all the parking garages and parking lots are located.
- Have change available in your car in case you need to feed a parking meter.
- Avoid all parking problems by walking or cycling.
Video: American Dad! Stan Can't Find a Parking Spot
How to Clean New Era Hats
How to Be Ladylike the Sex and the City Way
15 Hot Body Tips from Paige VanZant
Elie Saab SpringSummer 2019 Collection: Standing on Stardust
How to Learn Basic Windsurfing
10 Things You Didnt Know About Celine Dion
Are Your Man Hands Grossing Her Out
Gorgeous (and Green) Home Products
Home remedies for long growth of hair
13 Things Designers Notice the First Time They Enter Your Home
How to Manage Stress when You Are Tired
49 Chic Short Bob Hairstyles and Haircuts for Women in 2019
Los Angeles to New York on Two Wheels (and an Hour Nap)
Its an aggressive solution, but its the only one the researchers think will kept the planet and its people healthy in the long run